Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1 guest and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Renuka, KavyaMurthy, Del, Bejoylin P, Shaqirre
1278 Registered Users
Recent Posts
OSP and OMP Setup
by delboy. 22/11/18 02:10 PM
Top Posters(30 Days)
delboy 1
Schwa 1
CR2 1
Popular Topics(Views)
467,675 PAYE RTI
55,404 HR_PF.K RUP4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12088 - 15/01/18 12:04 PM Re: EDI Replacement ***** [Re: Bagpuss]  
pat Offline
claiming squatters rights
pat  Offline
claiming squatters rights

Hardy's Way
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Originally Posted by delboy
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
We require to carry on sending/receiving files via third-party client software. We've already started testing this in terms of the XML files Oracle Payroll was already able to generate from the outbound RTI processes.

Prior to this set of patches, has anyone successfully processed XML format inbound files from HMRC and, if so, did it require some additional configuration? Unlike the outbound files, the initial test failed (I'll find out more soon) so I was just interested if anyone had already gone down the XML route for the files they were receiving from HMRC and the steps taken?

From reading through the Read Me, a large proportion of the EDI abolition patch content appears to be the B2B functionality which we do not initially intend to use.

So, are you sending XML files via your current third-party client software. What software do you use as we may have to purchase something new?

Apologies for delay in replying - three weeks off and forgot all about this post (and pretty much everything else!).

We currently send and receive in EDI format. We already upgraded our client software to get XML tested and tried an outbound file from Oracle Payroll in XML (prior to the decommissioning patches) and it passed the HMRC test successfully.

However, I was just curious why our operations team weren't able to upload the inbound XML files into Oracle Payroll as easily. Prior to diving in, I was just interested if anyone has already started using inbound XML files (prior to Oracle adding B2B and removing EDI formats).

Anyway, the patches will change things again so it's only my curiosity. We use AVCO Systems' software and, so far, it all seems to be working nicely - we'll test the inbound XML files once we've applied the Oracle patches and configuration.

So far, so good...

We've also been using AVCO with EDI for some time now and I've just recently found out that for several months they have been converting our EDI file to XML for onward transmission. If I've read you post correctly it's good to know that their software appears to be working without doing the EDI conversion.
I've also been testing the Oracle B2B functionality for which I have an SR outstanding. Like you I was able to transmit a test file to HMRC. However receiving a file is done (in the background) in 2 steps:

Step 1. Establish a handshake with HMRC - we eventually got this working by setting the profile "Applications Proxy Bypass Domains" to *.<company>.co.uk as a starting point.
Step 2. Request the file - the request from the Oracle system to HMRC isn't finding it's way to our proxy server - hence the SR.

Hopefully we'll get a solution provided soon .

#12089 - 16/01/18 06:33 AM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: pat]  
delboy Offline
The Grand Daddy
delboy  Offline
The Grand Daddy

Somewhere in South of England
Originally Posted by pat

We've also been using AVCO with EDI for some time now and I've just recently found out that for several months they have been converting our EDI file to XML for onward transmission. If I've read you post correctly it's good to know that their software appears to be working without doing the EDI conversion.
I've also been testing the Oracle B2B functionality for which I have an SR outstanding. Like you I was able to transmit a test file to HMRC. However receiving a file is done (in the background) in 2 steps:

Step 1. Establish a handshake with HMRC - we eventually got this working by setting the profile "Applications Proxy Bypass Domains" to *.<company>.co.uk as a starting point.
Step 2. Request the file - the request from the Oracle system to HMRC isn't finding it's way to our proxy server - hence the SR.

Hopefully we'll get a solution provided soon .

We certainly won't be using the B2B solution in the short term but a stand alone PC with the software loaded. My gut feeling is it will be AVCO. A few of you guys seem to be using it successfully so I'm sure it will all go smoothly, he says with hesitant confidence!!

#12092 - 22/01/18 01:49 PM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
Steph W Offline
stranger
Steph W  Offline
stranger

Hi All,

For those who are interested...

HMRC confirmed this with regards to testing:

• Can only test sending data to HMRC. There is no facility to test collecting messages from the HMRC.
• Need to send using LIVE Government Gateway username and password (not test credentials), but must ensure the ‘Test’ flag is switched on when sending test data to HMRC
• In return, should receive a successful response from the Government Gateway (or an error is there’s a problem).
• Suggestion is to send a few files from the test environment then promote the patches to production and send some test file from there.

We are using the B2B solution.

#12100 - 26/02/18 12:36 PM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: Steph W]  
staplali Offline
passing stranger
staplali  Offline
passing stranger

Hi

David Sutcliffe from HMRC was at the Oracle User Group in Solihull last week.

He suggested there is a way to test files such as P6/P9 coming in from HMRC:

> Contact HMRC team and ask them to switch you over to XML for a couple of days, then switch back to EDI.
> During that time hopefully you will have some XML files to use for testing (you will also have to remember to apply to prod!)
> Choose a period when you will not need to submit any files.

#12114 - 08/03/18 11:55 AM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
delboy Offline
The Grand Daddy
delboy  Offline
The Grand Daddy

Anyone tested sending an xml EYU file yet? Ours keep failing and we have noticed the file has no transaction id whereas all the other files do.

#12115 - 13/03/18 11:43 AM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
delboy Offline
The Grand Daddy
delboy  Offline
The Grand Daddy

Ok, all files have been successfully sent now. Apparently nothing to do with the transaction id.

#12129 - 27/03/18 12:17 PM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
PaulD Offline
PaulD  Offline

Woking
We have successfully tested sending test in live (TIL) FPS, EPS, EYU files and loading examples of local P6, P9, SL1 & 2 files in our UAT system. We also produced test versions of the P46 (Car) and P11d files (HMRC does not accept TIL versions of these two types of file).

With that known limitation we went live this Monday and set, via the HMRC portal, the switch to the XML channel for all files. When we tried to pull P9 files no files were found. When asking HMRC why no files were found we were told that it takes at least 24 hours for the change over to take effect, which meant we were missing P9's right at the 'busy' TYE period. The latest advise from HMRC was to continue to pull the EDI format files whilst that switch to XML takes effect.

If we'd know in advance about the delay we would have switched to XML over the weekend to reduce the need for two types of file during any delay.

Overall we found the TYE a lot more complex with all the EDI Decommissioning late patches coupled with the P11d patches too. We still have a couple of minor SR's raised on the P11d functionality but that not an issue for TYE patching.

Anyone else gone live with the B2B solution, how long did your switch over take?

#12136 - 25/04/18 10:49 AM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
hpatel15 Offline
hanger-on
hpatel15  Offline
hanger-on

Berkshire - UK
Oracle has released the patch to fix the issue while uploading P6 file manually, details is as below:

"P6 XML Uploads Fails: File(s) format supplies is invalid. Only valid XML files are accepted ( Doc ID 2390324.1 )"

But after applying patch we are getting Nullpointer exception for which I have raised the SR with Oracle.

#12137 - 01/05/18 08:59 AM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: hpatel15]  
hpatel15 Offline
hanger-on
hpatel15  Offline
hanger-on

Berkshire - UK
We have been asked to apply 27793606 patch but getting error message, while uploading P6 file because it contains multiple PAYE reference.

#12140 - 07/05/18 02:03 PM Re: EDI Replacement [Re: PaulD]  
Allout555 Offline
lurker
Allout555  Offline
lurker

Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Folks,

Sorry to join the party so late but; we are using ODEX to transmit our files rather than the B2B solution from Oracle. Outgoing files are working correctly (from us to HMRC) however I cannot find how to trigger P6/P9/SL1/SL2 etc to come in through the same way, any one have any idea? We've set the Govt Gateway Settings to send these notices via 'Online'!

Anyone managed to successfully get these notifications to arrive via a 3rd Party solution?

Thanks
Allan

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  CT, delboy 

Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics2,213
Posts11,954
Members1,279
Most Online90
Mar 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays