HRMS Aces - The Online HRMS Community

Adding a taskflow button to a form

Posted By: bcooper

Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 09:53 AM

Hi all
I've been trying to add a taskflow button to a form that currently does not have any (Medical Assessments form). However i am encountering some forms errors when i try to open the form up within the applications. I get the impression that either i have missed a fundamental step out, or the form itself does not have the components within it to support taskflow buttons.

Has anyone out there done such a thing before that could furnish me with gotcha's etc.

Thanks
Barry
Posted By: SBi

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 01:34 PM

what errors are you getting?
Posted By: kp_rapolu

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 01:56 PM

fyi -- Not all forms support the Taskflows.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Shiva Bildikar
what errors are you getting?

Sorry for the delay...

I get a forms error...

"No such item: CTL_HRNAV.NAV_BUTTON"

I opened up the form (PERWSMEA) in forms developer and can see that it does have up to 5 buttons available on the canvas, so it looks as if the form does support taskflow buttons frown

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 02:30 PM

What if you try to hide one/two buttons?

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 02:32 PM

Check the note: 225248.1 and 73515.1 on metalink.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 19/11/08 02:52 PM

73515.1 looks like the ticket.

I think thats another beer i owe you smile

Thanks

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 11:38 AM

Continuing with the theme...

According to an ancient document i have, it states that all task flows must begin with one of the following three forms...

• Person Form
  • People Folder
  • Assignments Form

For the moment my taskflow is Medical Assessments -> Person Extra Info.
I thought this would be okay as the Medical Assessments form will fire up the find person window (which it does), however when i click on my Person Extra Info button i get the following error...

FRM-47009: Cannot add parameter WORKFLOW_NAME to Parameter List: invalid list ID

A quick search on ye olde Metalink shows only a couple of direct hits for the FRM error, both of which are open bugs frown

I have checked that i have no spaces in my taskflow name, and that it is correctly spelt on my Function and that the menu allocation is correct (which it seems to be as i see my taskflow on the menu etc).

Either i join the ranks of bugging it with Oracle or i've missed something obvious...

Any clues?

Regards
Barry

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 11:46 AM

Have you added the task flow name in the function definition.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 11:52 AM

You need to add the below in the parameters screen for the function definition.
WORKFLOW_NAME="ABC EMPLOYEE TASKFLOW"

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:11 PM

You need to add the below in the parameters screen for the function definition.
WORKFLOW_NAME="ABC EMPLOYEE TASKFLOW"

That is what i did (twice in fact). The first time i did it with a taskflow that had spaces in the name, and then i redid it with a taskflow that did not have any spaces.

I've attached a document that shows the screen shots of my set-up

Note that any person-data visible in the screenshots in the attachment is TEST DATA only and in no way reflects any real data.

Description: Screen shots of setup
Attached File
taskflow-error.doc  (485 downloads)

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:26 PM

Have you removed the "PERSONEXTRAINFO" node from the main parent task flow?

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:42 PM

No - i shall go away and do so now.

Cheers

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:47 PM

Dont bother.. it makes no diff... smile
I just tried it

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:53 PM

Theres a note 1026695.6 which is not at all helpful
Posted By: davidstingray

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 12:55 PM

It looks like you have the Medical Assessment Form as the top node in the taskflow and I do not think this is allowed. The forms allowed to be top nodes are limited so that they provide the proper context to forms that are linked via the taskflow from that form.

Regards,
David

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 01:18 PM

I am still getting the error message but if I click on OK then it takes me to the person EIT screen.

As you said earlier, looks like its a bug which needs fixing.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 02:00 PM

Hi David

Originally Posted by davidstingray
It looks like you have the Medical Assessment Form as the top node in the taskflow and I do not think this is allowed. The forms allowed to be top nodes are limited so that they provide the proper context to forms that are linked via the taskflow from that form.

Regards,
David

Yes which brings me to my earlier comment about allowable top nodes...

I shall try it with the Person Form as the top node.

Shiva - Yes i get that now too, however intermittently it also bombs out my session when i OK the error and i have to restart IE.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 02:08 PM

Yes, I am facing same prob.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 02:54 PM

Okay.
I have rebuild my taskflow, starting with the People Folder as my top node.
This taskflows onto the medical assessments form, which in turn taskflows onto the Person Extra Information as before.

The People Folder opens up no problems. I can query in an employee and then click onto the Medical assessments button. This opens up the Medical Assessments form no problems at all.

However when i then click onto the extra info button i get the same error as before frown
Sometimes i can okay the error and the extra info window will open up, other times it bombs my browser session.

So its the link between PERWSMEA and PERWSPEI that seems to be the issue for some reason. My next step in this sorry saga is to uses forms customisation to limit the extra info form to just a couple of PEI types and then use this custom form in my taskflow.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 03:34 PM

This is actually getting too bizarre for me to concentrate on today...

Using my custom version of the PEI form does not seem to make any difference. However i have made some further observations that deserve further investigation (tomorrow, when i have a clear mind)...
1) Clicking through to the extra info from from the medical assessments form still raises the error. However when i ok the error it opens up the extra info form anyway. However it has not taken the custom restrictions and shows all the available info types.

2) If i close down the extra infor form it takes be back to the people find form, not the medical assessments form. This is a bit worrying as i'd assumed it should take me back to the assessments form.

3) If then then click back onto the assessments taskflow button from the people find window again (ie directly after the last step) it opens up the standard medical assessments window, without the taskflow button to the extra info form??

Time to go and find a darkened room to lie down in methinks.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 20/11/08 04:02 PM

I think its a bug. Better raise and SR.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 21/11/08 09:55 AM

Bug Raised - SR is 7290775.992

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 26/11/08 07:39 AM

Hi Shiva
When you re-created this at your location, was it on a R12 instance or R11i?

Cheers

Barry

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 26/11/08 08:57 AM

11i smile Should I have tried it on R12?

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 26/11/08 10:07 AM

11i smile Should I have tried it on R12?

No - i will try it on R12 to see if the issue is still present. At moment it looks like Oracle are heading down the bug route - if the issue is still present in R12 then i probably stand a better chance of getting a back-port to 11i, if the problem is no longer in R12 then i may be scuppered.

Thanks for the reply though.

Cheers

Barry

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 26/11/08 10:29 AM

Our DBAs are still struggling with the error they got after upgraded to 12.0.6..

So I do not have any R12 instance to test anything.

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 28/01/09 04:30 PM

I thought i'd come back and update this one as its been gently chugging along in the background.

Oracle raised an internal bug for this issue "Bug 7628681 FRM-47009: CANNOT ADD PARAMETER WORKFLOW_NAME TO PARAMETER LIST: INVALID LIST ID" and it will be included in the June FP.K RUP

As we're impatient, we got them to generate a one-off patch for us which i successfully tested this afternoon. Wooho!!

regards

barry
Posted By: cazbeach

Re: Adding a taskflow button to a form - 10/06/15 08:10 AM

One other suggestion from me have you tried calling from FastPath menu?

Taskflows must start with one of the forms you mentioned (I use the Person Folder personally) but you can get to Medical Assessment from FastPath and then create a separate to Person EIT to that specific type.

Not ideal response I know but that is the joy of taskflow.

Another thought - what about using Self-Service workflow instead and have web based pages??
© 2019 HRMS Aces - The Oracle HRMS Community